Hometown Holiday Parade Event Cancellation
With priorities for safety and quality in mind for all participants, patrons, and City employees, our Event Staff has made the decision to CANCEL the Hometown Holiday Parade and all associated activities scheduled for Saturday, December 2, due to heavy rains in the forecast all day. This was a carefully considered and extremely difficult decision made after considering many factors and consulting a professional weather service daily throughout the week. The safety of our City staff and the community is always the top priority in the planning and execution of all City of Lawrenceville events. The forecast predicts continuous heavy rains throughout the day, posing significant risks to the safety and enjoyment of all participants. Although we would love to reschedule, extensive permit processes, scheduling conflicts with parade participants and vendors, and staffing pose significant challenges.
While we are as disappointed as each of you, our Events Team is already putting the finishing touches on our 2024 Events Calendar, and we look forward to sharing it with you as soon as possible. We wish each of you a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year, and we thank you for your continued interest in our City of Lawrenceville Events.
- Weather Threats
- After further information from our weather consultant, the impending weather poses a significant risk throughout the event and our priority is to safeguard everyone's well-being. Cancelling the event is a proactive measure to mitigate potential hazards associated with adverse weather conditions.
- Inclement weather during the setup phase through the mid-way point of the event poses a considerable risk to the efficient organization of the event and the participant engagement and enjoyment.
- Community Safety
- With a sizable downtown turnout expected, canceling is a responsible choice to prevent unforeseen accidents.
- Personnel and Partner Safety
- Canceling ensures the safety of our valued personnel and partners contributing to the event.
- Participant Safety
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of our event participants is of utmost importance. We aim to prevent any potential inconvenience or harm that could arise from the anticipated challenging weather conditions this weekend. Unfortunately, we've noted that around 20% of our expected parade participants and approximately 15% of our vendors have regrettably withdrawn. We acknowledge the significance of their involvement and understand the potential impact on the overall community experience.